Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Neneh Fati Debuts: The New Identity of Mommyhood

I am a new woman, with a new identity and re-vamped frame of reference.  No longer singular, my existence is intimately connected to another human being whom I have been blessed to nurture, protect and love...my beautiful little daughter.  That's right, I am now Neneh Fati - the mother of Fati.  Neneh is the word for mother in Pulaar, my husband's language, and Fati is what we call our little bundle of joy.  I chose that description for this blog because it personifies what all mothers know, are thankful for and struggle with - we are not just individuals anymore, but blessed to be the umms (Arabic term) or mothers of the most precious gift that Allah can bestow. Me, I'm just enjoying the journey and in love with all things mommy and Fati!

2 comments:

  1. Yes. This is true. It is always amazing to me to see a new mom with their child. Now you see how it feels to birth our children. you really understand your bond that your mother have with you. no women truely understand until they have their own. May ALLAH bless this union.....

    ReplyDelete